New Mexico Breweries Win Awards at Great American Beer Festival
October 8, 2019 – New Mexico breweries returned from Denver’s Great American Beer Festival with an armful of medals.
Five New Mexico breweries won a total of seven medals and one was named a top brewery overall.
Santa Fe’s Rowley Farmhouse Ales was named Small Brewpub and Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year.
Below are this year’s New Mexico winners:
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales (Santa Fe): Meier – Gold medal, German-Style Sour Ale
- Sierra Blanca Brewing Co. (Moriarty): Cherry Wheat – Silver medal, Fruit Wheat Beer
- La Cumbre Brewing Co.: Acclimated APA – Silver medal, American-Style Pale Ale
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales: Agent Orange – Apple Brandy Barrel – Silver medal, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales: Côte d’Or – Double Cerise – Bronze medal, Mixed-Culture Brett Beer
- Toltec Brewing Co.: Shaman Stout – Bronze medal, Oatmeal Stout
- Tumbleroot Brewery and Distillery (Santa Fe): Double Brown Ale – Bronze medal, Other Strong Beer
A handful of these breweries are still in the hunt to win Business First’s Battle of the Breweries, a bracket-style competition. Voting for round one ends Monday. Battle of the Breweries is sponsored by Atkinson & Co.
More than 60,000 attendees and 800 brewers were expected to attend the 38th Great American Beer Festival that ran through the weekend, according to sister publication Denver Business Journal.